Greater Miami Adventist Academy was established in 1912 behind the downtown Miami Temple Seventh-day Adventist Church where classes were held in tents. In 1960 it expanded into a kindergarten through twelfth grade academy. In 1989 it moved to its present location on the flatlands between Miami and the Everglades. Today it serves an internationally diverse constituency striving to achieve “excellence for the purpose of service.”
“To restore man to the image of his Maker
to bring him back to the perfection in which he was created,
to promote the development of body, mind and soul,
that the divine purpose in His creation might be realized.
This is the object of education, the great object of life.”
Education pp. 15, 16
With this philosophy in mind,
Our Mission is
Pursuing excellence for the purpose of service
Greater Miami Adventist Academy seeks to create an environment where students are excited, responsible learners, a place where young children begin their discovery of knowledge in a nurturing family environment, develop caring and loving attitudes toward God and their fellowman, and graduate with a strong foundation and high moral values which will enable them to face the challenges and expectations of the 21st century.
Greater Miami Adventist Academy’s commitment to excellence embraces innovative teaching methods and high standards of performance envisioning a learning center open to all wisdom extending beyond the classroom walls, fully relying on the notion that all true knowledge comes from God.